Saturday, March 11, 2006

Anecdotes

Special thanks to special people for the anecdotes below. Heart.

Americans remain thankless for being Americans:

Guy behind me in line, I swear to God:

"I want a coke."

"Oh, well sir the Pepsi Fountain is right over ther--"

"Fuck Pepsi, Pepsi gives people AIDS. I want coke."

"Well, they uh... have Mountain De---"

"Same shit, different color."

I think he wound up getting some Dr. Pepper, going outside, pouring it into the flowers before tossing the cup into the trash.

And I'm reminded why I hate America, and why we deserve a good ass-whipping and to be downgraded to a 3rd world country in a state of emergency for a good few months. So that we be goddamn thankful for this shit we have. Pepsi, Coke, BFD --the kids in Africa who do have AIDS don't get to choose between two different sugar waters because they don't get to down enough clean water as it is in order to counter balance the poison we pump into ourselves --- PEPSI OR COKE.

I'm so mad at myself right now for not jumping all over him. I hope he never comes to my eating spot again.


-----

AND: "to make you hate Red Bull even more..."

Red Bull buys MetroStars, renames team

-----


Interesting that these are both beverage related. I wonder if what we drink is making us stupider.

4 comments:

Phydeaux said...

Whee, I'm famous.

Mustapha Mond said...

Famous as Amos!

Anonymous said...

you should have puched him in the face with your big guns.

Mustapha Mond said...

I should have!

But, since I guess I could have been clearer, the anecdote comes via our man Phydeaux here. Thus my guns were not present for punching. But I'm sure phy will take care of it next time if he's packing his crowbar.