Monday, February 06, 2006

Finally.

My Harvard application is finished. Howdy-doody. Unfortunately (sort of) it's a lot stronger than my Stanford application; I nailed the essay, and the rest of the format felt like it was really highlight my strengths. The reason I say this is unfortunate is because the weather in Mass. sucks. I mean, would it even make sense to own a motorcycle there? If I'm gonna buy a bike, then I've gotta go to school in Cali. And for a while I felt like Stanford application was as strong as can be. But now... Well, getting accepted to either school would be a thrill, and I certainly wouldn't say no to Harvard (money permitting). In spite of the weather, I'm quite enthused about the possibility of going. The program seems top notch, and I was just reading some stuff by one of their professors and I felt really in sync with her ideas and philosophy. Anyway, there's nothing to do now but wait for the letters.

5 comments:

Steve Miller said...

I agree that there's no reason you couldn't ride a bike at least 8 months out of the year, even in Boston. I have a friend in the Berkshires who rides his Goldwing from late March through November, and they typically get much more snow than Boston. My personal rule is that it should be in the 30s or higher.

Mustapha Mond said...

It'd be pretty funny if my decision to buy a bike influences which school I choose to go to. (Note that which school I want to go to will not influence my decision to buy a bike.) But it's good to hear that the weather in Mass. isn't always so bad.

Steve Miller said...

Is your buddy Jarrett retarded or what?

Mustapha Mond said...

Uh oh, fight!

Two men enter; one man leaves!

Steve Miller said...

I just have no idea what he's talking about. Since when am I a big flag-waver?