Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Unbearable Lightness of Being Debt Free

In the interest of counting my financial chickens before they've hatched, it looks like I've nearly gotten myself out of debt. I have (or will imminently have) paid off my Amazon.com card, my WaMu card, and my Kohl's card. A few months ago I polished off my Apple Loan. And I've paid my motorcycle insurance for the year as well. This leaves me with college loans to repay, and my motorcycle payments. I feel free. I am a cigarette thrown from a car's window on the L.I.E.: I'll stay afloat for as long as there is turbulence to keep me going, yet inevitably, gravity will have its way with me (imagine those final orange sparks leaping across the ground like ballerinas fired from a cannon!). And what is this metaphoric gravity, you might be wondering? It is the HP L2335. I have wanted one for so long, and the payments would be sooo sooo small (the way peanuts are small, yet packed with protein and satisfaction). Oh, the hunger.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the unbearable lightness while you can because she's a beauty. Irresistible. I'm still working on getting some real speakers for my Powerbook, but someday... digital sparks!

Mustapha Mond said...

Definitely get some speakers. Or really really really good headphones. But speakers are better. Then you can party non-solo!

Mustapha Mond said...

I've got the ballerinas if you've got the cannon.