Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Stairway to Heaven

After hearing it for about the 10-millionth time on the radio, I have decided that Stairway to Heaven is a bad fucking song. There is a part towards the end where it starts to rock out a bit, which is OK, but the whole song leading up to that is so goddamn annoying that it makes me want to steer my car into oncoming traffic. The only other song that is anywhere near that bad -- so bad I'd rather be dead than to hear it again -- is that one by Maroon Five, which I don't know the name of, but it is so whiney (not like sad whiney, but cheery whiney, because the singer has this wrist-slitting whiney voice) it makes me wish the terrorists would win. Tomorrow I am buying a gun to keep in my glove compartment. It is not for shooting myself or other people on the road. It is for shooting the radio the next time this shit comes on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, and you thought nothing good would come of this blog.

I like Zep II, but I'm not that big on the rest of it. And Stairway is just horrible.

OlmanFeelyus said...

Hmmm, interesting opinion. Stairway was just so ubiquitous in my life that I can't say whether I like it or not. I'm sure after a few racks of Pil, I'd be singing it at the top of my lungs and realizing how deep the lyrics are. But when sober, I would have to agree with your assessment.

Maybe instead of shooting your radio, you should stop listening to commercial radio stations.