Friday, August 31, 2007

Breaking up is getting easier to do

I am planning to break up with the current woman. I am going to wait until a little bit after her birthday (on Monday, the 4th), and then that's going to be it. Reasons for the breakup essentially come down to her cooling off on me way too fast (though things in the beginning were unexpectedly hot, so clichés about candles apply)--she's become non-expressive in terms of both affection and conversation. Frankly, it seems like she's already done dating me, and I don't know why she hasn't called it off herself. Still, it will be nice to be the one doing the breaking up, which never happens with anyone I have more than two dates with. I think this shows an evolution in the judgement and self-esteem departments. The proof will be in how I handle things from here, but right now I am feeling positive about the end of things, which is brand new for me. Three cheers for Ego.

4 comments:

Crumbolst said...

So didya dump her?

Mustapha Mond said...

Tomorrow is D-day (D for Dump).

Jason L said...

Just give her the link for your blog ;)

OlmanFeelyus said...

LOL.

good work, though. In love (at least until you get married), you have to be selfish. It's kind of capitalistic that way