Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Office

I'm almost finished with the first disc of the first season of The Office. The show trades a little too heavily on people being stupid, which is what I dislike about Seinfeld. (I blame Seinfeld for all the sins of our current administration. Americans, apparently, love to watch people be mean and idiotic, so no wonder we get 8 years of Dubya -- one year shy of the full Seinfeld run.) Slowly, but surely, however, The Office is starting to charm me. I think if it focused more on Dwight and John and less on Michael Scott, I'd really love it. I'm definitely going to rent the next disc and see how things progress.

2 comments:

dsgran said...

The british version is where its at!

OlmanFeelyus said...

Yep, I sure hope you haven't started with the sometimes charming but far inferior American version.